Sunday, August 26, 2012

Recovery: week 4

I'm happy that time flies so fast... It seems like yesterday I was starting my recovery... 4 weeks later I would say I'm still very optimistic. It isn't easy and I never thought it would be. But, I'm sure it will improve everyday/week/month/year. My faith is stronger than never before. I enjoy talking to God or talking about God, what he did to me and my family. I have been fortunate with great friends and support since day 1. 

About my physical status, things are stable I would say. I have some pain in my ear from time to time. I can't relate it to something specific. I searched on line and most people describe the same pain few weeks off treatment. I will wait until my next appointment on August 30 with Dr Salem and we will see what she thinks about it. A week ago I was able to eat using pain killers for my throat. But now it's really hard to swallow again. In some forums on line most people say they didn't eat anything up to 16 weeks after the treatment was over. I will be patient and try again soon.

Emotionally I'm doing great. I'm happy to be free to take my girls to places they like. I go to church now... We just came back from a week at the beach. The only problem is my spittoon but I'm fine with it. I hope people around me too.

Recovery is a long and personal process. Optimism and positive attitude help a lot




Stay blessed and thank you all for your love and prayers...
Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment