Friday, June 15, 2012

Discovering radiation therapy

Radiation therapy is progressive. Each additional session is worse than the session before. During my first meeting Dr Salem explained it in details. But, the reality is even worse. My throat is already extremely sore, although we are only halfway. It's painful to drink water or swallow food. I spend an hour trying to finish a small bowl of cereal in the morning. Open sores are developing in my mouth too. So I use my feeding tube for lunch and dinner.

I'm tired not only physically but mentally too. I'm trying not to let myself down. I constantly have the reminder of how blessed I am. I didn't cook dinner for the pass 2 weeks because friends brought us meals every other day. I have people helping with the girls while my sister is away. People call or send me text just to make sure I'm fine or don't have any urgent need.

The attitude and prayers are definitely the key to keep on going here. I love the person I'm becoming inside out. It's really important to be happy with what you have than being sad with what you wish you had. I'm fortunate and I thank God for it.

Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

Stay blessed and thank you all for your love and prayers...
Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment