Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Radiation: day 10

JUNE

Day 10 = 29 more days.

I was told by Dr Salem, my radio/oncologist, that around the 10th day into treatment, the pain (soreness) will kick in.

Guess what? it did, but not on the 10th day. The pain started 2 days ago. For now, it's only when I eat. I've been doing my best to eat by mouth. It takes me an hour to finish a small plate, but I eat, that's all that matters to me right now. I hope to keep my swallowing and chewing very active during the treatment. Of course today the pain is more intense. I'm trying to forget and concentrate on joyful stuff, like Teena's new face when she eats rice. I wish you could all see it... so funny!

I have a great support group. I appreciate the meals, prayers and love. I'm blessed. I'm not going to fail you, not now after all you have been doing to help and encourage me.



June 2nd, still the same big smile.

Stay blessed and thank you all for your love and prayers...
Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment